Tuesday, April 10, 2007

For God So Loved...

By far, most of the folks I visit at M.D. Anderson are people of strong, life-long faith, who feel the love of God and who have lived lives of response to that love.

Sometimes, though, I visit folks who for various reasons are uncertain of their relationship with God. Yesterday was such a day. Cancer had brought several people I visited to focus on their relationship with God. Each told me a story that communicated their faith, but also related that for much of their life they had not lived in relationship with God, through choices they had made.


I really can't describe the joy of being able to help them refocus on the amazing love that God has for us -- how He pursues us even when we don't want to be caught -- how He's waiting for us to come back to Him as so beautifully told in the story of the prodigal son.

I'm especially thankful today for a God who never gives up on any of us, a God who loves us unconditionally.

No comments: