Saturday, November 01, 2008

WordPress tip for newbies re inserting photos and space between photo and text


I'm a WordPress newbie myself, although I've used Blogger for years.  This week I've been putting together a new blog, Difficult Seasons, using WordPress on a self-hosted site.  So my learning curve has been steep.

Writing a post earlier this morning, I inserted a photo and noticed that there was no space between the photo and the text.  Not satisfactory.  So after digging, I found two easy (if you know about them) solutions.

1.  Give the photo a caption when you import it.  That automatically puts it in a frame which also provides space.

2.  Click on the photo once it's inserted into the post, and then click on the icon that looks like a photo.  That brings up the menu to edit the image properties.  Click the "advanced" tab and type in however many pixels space you want between the photo and the text in the box labeled "Horizontal space."  That puts space on both sides of the photo, but if you want to reduce what's on the left, just go back to the advanced settings and edit the "styles" box.

Posted by email from Alright! (posterous)

No comments: