Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Things to Teach Grandchildren

Eloise is on vacation this week, and is fixing biscuits and gravy this morning -- a special treat we only allow ourselves during vacations. Otherwise it's oatmeal, which is also good, and which conventional wisdom says is healthier.

With a grandchild on the way, it sparked the idea that I need to start a list of things to teach grandchildren. Maybe I'll even start a separate blog to record all of these things. There are so many things I learned from grandparents that I need to get my ducks in a row or I might miss something important.

Like biscuits and gravy. Or peanut butter and syrup stirred up. Maybe even saucering coffee. And certainly the joy of toast and syrup for breakfast. Things that I don't do, at least often, but that I learned from grandparents, and that every grandchild should have a chance at.

No comments: