Thursday, July 21, 2005

Evidence of Change in Job Market

Something very interesting has happened during the last few weeks. I am getting more contacts from people trying to fill positions than from people looking for positions.

For the past couple of years, I have been leading a job ministry through our church. We have meetings twice a month, and there has been a gradual decrease in the number of people coming to the meetings. This year it has generally been only one or two at each meeting, and they have generally been able to find positions within a short period of time. There have been several times recently when no one came to the meetings.

Within the last few weeks, though, I have found that I'm getting several calls or emails a week advertising openings. I take that to mean that businesses are having a harder time finding people, so are reaching out to all possible sources. That's a good thing for folks that are in the job market.

No comments: