Saturday, January 22, 2005

Okay. You have to exercise too.

For me, the diet is the easy part. I get hungry, so I eat. It's just a matter of eating the right stuff instead of the wrong stuff.

Exercising 30-60 minutes a day is a very different thing. There seems to be an infinite list of things I would rather do than get on the treadmill. And because I'd rather do them, they somehow seem more important at the moment. Amazing how the end of the day can come and I haven't found time to exercise!

I know it's important. It's not lack of knowledge. So I have to find things to do while on the treadmill that makes it more palatable. Reading works best for me, watching tv is second. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a built-in clock like for eating that made you want to exercise?

I can see and feel the results. But it's still a matter of discipline for me. Some things in life are just that way.

No comments: