Thursday, February 17, 2005

I Need Music

When in the car, I used to find myself listening to news/talk radio.

But since Clear Channel bought all of the radio stations, they seem to keep fooling with them and making them less desirable to me. KPRC, which was news all the time, is now talk all the time with a little news thrown in. My tolerance for the talk is low. And the other offerings seem pretty much the same.

So more often now, I'm listening to Christian radio. Often I find that enjoyable, and it's actually whetted my appetite to listen to more music.

So when Eloise gave me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day, I used most of it to buy CD's rather than books (which is what she expected I would use it for). For reasons that I can't explain, I've just found myself wanting to listen to music lately.

Waiting for my fillings that the dentist had just put in to set up before having lunch yesterday, I spent nearly an hour listening to new CD's at the store before making my selection. And maybe because I was trying to step out of the box, or maybe because my 60th birthday is coming up soon, I intentionally listened to some things I would not normally have selected. I ended up with a Casting Crowns CD and one by a group named Selah, as well as a Michael W. Smith CD. I'm enjoying listening to all three -- and I turn them up loud!

Now I'm even thinking about mp3 players...

No comments: